• Valid for 12 months and intended for three categories of establishments, registration takes the form of a certificate bearing the Minister's signature and containing the registration number, the address and category of the establishment, the number of accommodation units offered for rental, the issue and expiry dates of the certificate and, if applicable, the name of the establishment.
• The registration certificate must be displayed in full view of the public at the main entrance to the establishment or, if the establishment is located in a building of several dwelling units, at the entrance to the building.
• An establishment's registration certificate must be sent to the operators of transactional digital accommodation platforms, who in turn must check its validity before displaying the establishment's tourist accommodation offer.
• The registration number associated with each establishment must be included in all advertising. The registration number consists of 6 digits. It must be indicated in the following manner:
"Registration #: XXXXXX". It may be placed anywhere on the advertisement.
For verbal advertisements, the registration number must be replaced with a statement that the establishment is registered under the Tourist Accommodation Act.
• The operator of a tourist accommodation establishment must, within 60 days before the expiry date of its registration, send an application for renewal and, if applicable, the declaration of update of the information concerning the accommodation offer and the services and activities.
• An update statement must also be filed within 30 days of the date of a change in the accommodation offer.
Examples of changes requiring an immediate update statement:
- Change in the number of rental units,
- Change in the type of establishment,
- Change of insurance company or policy,
- Changes to the amenities offered,
Important - The rights conferred by a recording cannot be assigned to another person. If the purchaser of an establishment wishes to continue tourist rentals, he must make a new registration request.