Please remember that the income from the operation of your establishment for tourist accommodation purposes must be declared in accordance with the law.

The information on your application is sent to the Minister of Revenue, who is responsible for inspections and investigations relating to the application of the Tourist Accommodation Act and its regulations.

This form is intended for individuals or corporations who wish to offer tourist accommodation other than in a principal residence.
Principal Residence Establishment

If your establishment meets the definition of a Principal Residence Establishment, click here.

Your establishment will be considered a general tourist accommodation establishments according to the Tourist Accommodation Act if you offer at least one unit (room, bed, house, apartment, etc.) for rent
• to tourists,
• for periods of 31 days or less (by night, week or weekend),
• for a fee.

Compliance with municipal regulations
Before applying for a registration, we recommend that you check the requirements (permits, emergency plan, etc.) of your municipality, borough or regional county municipality.

In addition, you are responsible for complying with municipal regulations regarding nuisance, safety and sanitation.

Documents to provide

You must also attach the following scanned documents (pdf or jpg) to your request:

• Notice of Compliance with Municipal by-laws*;
*You must fill out this document and send it to the urban planning department of your municipality, borough or regional county municipality for signature. This step must be done prior to your application for registration. We will be unable to process your application if it is not accompanied by a compliant document from the appropriate authority.

• Property title, municipal tax statement or rental contract;
• Proof of civil liability insurance of at least $2,000,000 per event
• Exterior and interior photographs of the establishment to be posted, if necessary, on a digital hosting platform. .
• If applicable, a copy of the provisions of the declaration of co-owners and/or the rental contract the allows the operation of your residence for purposes of tourist accommodation*.

Should such provisions not be included in the declaration of co-owners or rental contract, you must produce authorization from the owner and/or association of co-owners allowing for the operation of a tourist accommodation establishment. These authorizations are provided as an example. They may be used as they are.

If your request is compliant, we will send you an invoice for the fees payable and the declaration of the accommodation, activities and services offered to complete your request.