This form is intended for natural persons who wish to offer their principal residence as a tourist accommodation for a person or a single group of related persons.
A “natural person” is any individual, regardless of gender or physical appearance, who is recognized as a subject of law, and who is attributed rights and duties.
It is deemed a principal residence if you meet all of the following conditions:
• It is where you habitually reside
• It is where your family and social activities are centralized, notably when it is not used as a tourist accommodation
• The address of the latter corresponds to the one you have provided to government ministries and organizations.
You may have only one principal residence.
Your residence will be considered a principal residence establishment according to the Act Respecting Tourist Accommodation Establishments if you offer a rental unit (room, home or apartment)
• to tourists
• for a period of 31 days or less (by the night, week or weekend)
• in exchange for remuneration
• on media, regardless of type (Web site, social network, bulletin board, newspaper, sign, etc.)
Conformance to municipal regulations
Before submitting your request for certification of a principal residence establishment, we recommend that you check the requirements (permits, emergency plans, etc.) of your municipality, borough or regional county municipality.In addition, you must respect all municipal regulations regarding disturbances, safety and cleanliness.
Property title or rental contract
You must also attach the following scanned documents (pdf or jpg) to your request:
• Property title, municipal tax statement or rental contract;
• Proof of civilliability insurance of at least $2,000,000 per event
• If applicable, a copy of the provisions of the declaration of co-owners or the rental contract the allows the operation of your residence for purposes of tourist accommodation*.
Should such provisions not be included in the declaration of co-owners or rental contract, you must produce authorization from the owner or association of co-owners allowing for the operation of a tourist accommodation establishment. These authorizations are provided as an example. They may be used as they are.
Costs for the request
An administrative processing fee of $75 (plus GST and PST) will be charged at the time you submit your request. This fee is not refundable. An annual fee of $50 (plus GST and PST) will also be charged when your principal residence certification is issued.